Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

#TUNESDAY (a little late!) - Haim, James Blake, Daft Punk ft. Pharrell (and a nod to Alesha Dixon)

So, a little bit late, but here's yesterday's TUNESDAY post.

I've just got Spotify Premium, okay okay, so I'm a few years behind everyone else, but I still enjoy buying and listening to CDs and Record. I've not realised there's space for them alongside this new fangled technology whereby every artist I can think of all fit into a little box.

Anyways, without further ado, here's three songs that I'm loving at the moment; I think it helps that the sun is out!

"Don't Save Me" by Haim
It's a bloody great summery tune, which immediately grabs you. Highly enjoyable.

Haim


"Retrograde" by James Blake
Got a rather lovely subtle electronic base loop thing. Also highly enjoyable.

James Blake


"Get Lucky" by Daft Punk featuring Pharrell
Daft Punk must have been listening to their Marvin Gaye records, a lot. That's no bad thing, as this track is highly enjoyable also.

Daft Punk ft. Pharrell

You might know Pharrell from The Neptunes, or his other band 'N*E*R*D', who did the very good "She Wants To Move Track" with the very excellent video featuring Alesha Dixon, which is highly enjoyable. Said track features the classic line, "her ass is a spaceship I want to ride", brilliant.

Alesha Dixon in "She Wants to Move"

Go and check these songs out, tell me what you think, recommend some more to me.

If I get chance I'll do a Spotify playlist, or whatever the cool cats do these days.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment