Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

Local Benefits

I didn't have chance to tell you all about this before, so thought I'd share it now.

Last Tuesday, I visited my local for a quick pint of ale. In keeping with my current #ShopWarwickMonth ethos, I had a pint of Two Locks, or "Twollocks" as it gets called in The Cape of Good Hope pub. It's local Church End Brewery that brew the Twollocks up in Nuneaton (well, fairly local!); they do it specifically for the pub (there's two locks outside you see!).

Cape of Good Hope, Warwick

Other than it being a great pub in general, there was an added bonus on this Tuesday. Dave Myers of Hairy Bikers fame was in there (he's the one on the right).

The Hairy Bikers, Si King & Dave Myers (L-R)

Well, I didn't like to disturb the furry cooking biker legend, but he was on a canal holiday. He couldn't have picked a better spot on the whole of the Grand Union Canal to have stopped off at!


Dave Myers, enjoying a tipple on his narrow boat (courtesy of Dave's twitter!).


No comments:

Post a Comment