Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Weekend Warwick

#ShopWarwickMonth continues.

It's so much easier to shop locally at independents when I'm not at work. The biggest problem with shopping at local indies is that they tend to close out of office hours. I tend to do my shopping out of office hours. Hence a 24hr Tesco is very convenient.

Weekends however are different. When I'm not away visiting friends and family, I get chance to get to the market. Warwick Market is great, you can get so much there, it's reasonably priced too, mostly.

Fruit and veg bought, no spring onions left, but small leeks as a substitute. A bowlful of peppers for a quid (cheaper than Tesco). Bread (over £3) would be too expensive as a regular loaf (for me anyway!).

Beef and bacon (& ketchup!) from Rumps, then off home for dinner. The evening was spent keeping it local, with local ale from the local pub.

This morning brekkie was local bacon with local eggs on the market bought bread. Lunch was courtesy of the Hatton Arms (Warwick'ish!) which do a very excellent Sunday roast. The beef is served medium-rare, which gets a gold star from me.

Weekends are great, #ShopWarwickMonth is great, and for me, they work well together!

Warwick Market in the sunshine


No comments:

Post a Comment