Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

#ShopLocal and not so local

Dear fellow Warwickians, the Witterer is in need of some help and advise.

Yes, I know I'm normally the fountain of knowledge of all things Warwick (ha, OK, so I'm not, anyways...), but I need some help.

I've actually only lived here since the start of the year, I'm trying to keep shopping local this month, and need to know where I'd find fresh free range eggs in Warwick (or a nearby farm within walking/cycling distance) and where I can buy fresh all butter brioche?


In return for your help, here's a photograph of some beers. They're bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale bitter, which is brewed up near York in Tadcaster; no longer is it brewed in Newcastle unfortunately. These particular bottles are American versions of the ale; I think* it might even be brewed out there too and imported back into the UK. It just seems a little odd to me that our major supermarket friend down the road is deciding to sell a US version of a UK classic!


*anyone know where they actually brew this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment